Jelly Key craftsmanship
So what’s Jelly Key artisan ?
Jelly Key is a group of craftsmen, designers and artists. Those are hi-tech lovers and dreamers at the same time, we love the humanity value in every craft work. Handmade artisan keycap is what that mean to us. We love the idea of our handmade artisan keycap placed on your hi-tech mechanical keyboard. A way to make you feel less lonely, while surrounded by PC engines sound, or monotonous color in every technology pieces. The monotonous colors were mass produced to fit as millions people demands as possible.
Jelly Key artisan keycap is a sort of hand-crafted product for modern use purpose.
But it would be so bored to bring another list of twisty terms to explain a term before. So, let’s play a game that’s our favorite when we’re children: imagination.
Imagine, you like cooking, you practise with raw ingredients and try to find out the best way to combine them into a good dish. You might don’t success at the first time, most of them don’t really have a nice taste, look like mug sometimes and even your dog dislikes it. But through trials and errors, it finally tasted delicious, looked yummy and most the important point is; it satisfied you. Your ego. So you now know what Jelly Key’s doing with our work, with our artisan keycap. We use every raw material and cook them into an artisan keycap, with specific ideas and by skillful hands. Real human hands.
What does Jelly Key work with?
Ideas! Actually, we work with many different materials. Beside main component resin and clay, components help sculpture and form the keycap. We had also learnt how to use crystal, glitter paper, Vietnamese and Japanese wood, watch gears, some fluorescent components, alcohol ink and glitter powder. Or any material exists on Earth which could fulfill the requirements of each keycap designs’ needs. Jelly Key will work with it. You know the size of a keycap? How about cutting a table size wooden sheet into a keycap size and sanding out a 4mm into 1.6mm wooden piece? These may include not only ideas, but also a great deal of time and passion. Don’t you think so?
Jelly Key innovations and creations.
We always crave for innovation and creation in our designs. While other artisan keycap makers keep doing their best with sculpture keycap, Jelly Key had jumped out of the pond and crafted the Oasis. Then the Nebula, then banged the gong with Forbidden Realms. So far we had Legendary Castle and Jelly Eden artisan keycap. Each of them is our giant leaps in idea and technique innovation and creation. That’s the reason why we put our lots of effort into learning variety of materials and skills over phases of our innovation, like we had said above.
Furthermore, not only artisan product innovation, Jelly Key also renew ourselves by varied ways: raffles, giving away or some unique group-buys. Human are instinctively afraid of boredom and that’s the idea of we caring about not only our worship but your humanity.
The Creative Process
- Ideas are everywhere. It surrounds us.
- The environment around us inspire us the most.
- Listing down the ideas. We acquire and provide each idea.
- We then find intriguing concepts from these ideas.
- Visualizing our imaginations, into paper, so that we could make sure that the concept is doable.
- This is also important to analyze the capability of the concept production.
- Then the final design can be sketched with paper then modeling by clay and tool or digital painting on computer and 3D printed the mold.
- Both of the process take a lot of time and require skillful hands of artist, regardless the tool he uses.
- It’s time to make this concept keycap into a real product.
- This is the demo production of the concept.
- We create samples to get feedback.
- It is rare for a prototype to be perfect at first go.
- Once we collect the feedback, we revise it and acquire more ideas and inspiration.
- The most appropriate responses will be certainly applied to develop the products final form.
- We create the final version of the keycap.
- The product is then ready to be launched.
- The keycap is on it’s way to the store. Are you read.
Strict quality assurance processing
Every single Jelly Key product has to go through a strict quality assurance process. If the product meets the Jelly Key standard, the product will be carefully packaged into the Jelly Wooden Box, which are coated with mouse inner side. It helps prevent keycap surface from being scratched and scraped in transportation and delivery process. We ensure the quality of the product by paying attention to every detail at each step of the production.
From top to bottom, our keycaps are smooth to the touch and feature soft edges. The different phases of Jelly Key requires hand-processing to achieve the promised complete and simplistic design. The careful craft of the layered finish fits the deep, and rich galactic theme. The keys are precisely abraded over many hours, requiring absolute focus and concentration to achieve the smooth body finish of the Jelly Key. This is truly a unique, handmade product that no rival can mass produce.