a worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand.
We are handmade
Each item we make are truly and joyfully handmade. No scary robots. No shady camera tricks. It’s all created by a human creature, with a human mind.
All Jelly Key products go through a special process, to ensure that the final product is at its prime.
How long does it take to create a Jelly Key artisan?
Around ~9 hours for a simple piece, though, it could take up to ~24 hours for a signature keycap.
Yup! It takes a lot of time. The artisan is patient, waiting for each layer to dry until the next layer is put on. Art takes thinking, time, and effort.
Every item is set up properly. This is for workflow efficiency, measurement accuracy, and consistency.
Errors can happen at any time, so we have to make sure the work is done in a fashioned manner. If an error does occur, we improvise.
The Creative Process
- Ideas are everywhere. It surrounds us
- The environment around us inspire us the most
- Listing down the ideas. We acquire and provide each idea
- We then find intriguing concepts from these ideas
- Visualising our imaginations, into paper, so that we could make sure that the concept is doable
- This is also important to analyse the capability of the concept production
- It’s time to make this concept keycap into a real product
- This is the demo production of the concept
- We create samples to get feedback
- It is rare for a prototype to be perfect at first go
- Once we collect the feedback, we revise it and acquire more ideas and inspiration
- The most appropriate responses will be certainly applied to develop the products final form
- We create the final version of the keycap
- The product is then ready to be launched
- The keycap is on it’s way to the store. Are you read