Dating back to the late 18th century, Betta fish has long been a legendary warrior symbol in the Eden world, arousing curiosity from every corner of this land as everyone wanted to capture, tame, or see them at least once in real life. But in the early days, hardly did anyone know that Betta is extremely territorial, carrying a massive sense of aggression in their blood, especially the males. Let me elaborate in this scenario for you to imagine more easily on how aggressive Betta can get. If inhabiting together in the same area, they can attack each other until death if the surrounds are too close. Simply put, Betta fish are certainly not friendly neighbors. They are solitary soldiers.
Now that we’re done talking back, let’s talk present. This keycap collection is inspired by our endearing love for aquatic animals, especially those exotic creatures like bettas. Having been fish farming for over 5 years, this has certainly grown beyond just a hobby to us. The time is ripe, all that’s left for us to do is create an artisan keycap series filled with care and tenderness so the world can see the beauty of bettas right under their fingertips. Hop on their back fins and conquer new lands, as adventures await!
How to control the infinite Eden waves!
First thing first, it’s the fish swirling inside the keycaps that mean the most. They have many small details such as carved scales and eyes, so the drawing of each pattern requires extreme care from our Jelly Key artists. The scales and details will also retain color, making it especially tricky to correct if smearing. It should take about 5-7 minutes to paint each paint layer of each fish.
To fishes with larger and more curved sizes, it’s much more complex and intricate to anchor the fish because they do not only float horizontally but also vertically. The first fish prototypes were secured with their whole body, but the next version is only anchored from a small contact point on the fish body, so the pasting is more difficult as it’s easy to fall off and has to be glued again.
Shaping the Eden rays in the spacebar is a huge challenge, in particular: creating colored rays to form lining effect will take around 1 hour before loading into the incubator and 12 hours more to be frozen. Additionally, due to their large size, it is hard to align the color rays without covering the fish; and the removal rate also gets higher to produce completed keycaps.
Thong Khao Captain
- MX stem
- SA profile R3, R1, Cherry profile, GEM profile, Cubic profile
- Design and Handcrafted by Jelly Key
- SA R1 1u – Esc, F1-F12
- SA R3 1.25u – Ctrl, Alt Fn, Win
- SA R3 1.5u – TAB, | & \
- SA R3 1.75u – Capslock, Left Shift
- SA R3 2u – Backspace
- SA R3 2.25u – Left Shift, Enter
- SA R3 2.75u – Right Shift
- SA R3 6.25u : Spacebar
- Open time: 3/24/2020
- Close time: 3/30/2020
- Starting to Deliver after Groupbuy: 70-90 days (some delay can be happen, because the Coronavirus)
We could close the GB sooner than expected. So take your chance as soon as you can.
What is in the box?
- 1 Betta Saga artisan keycaps by Jelly Key.
- 01 Medal dog-tag with engraved unique series number.
- 01 Wooden box.
- A unique serial number is on the bottom of the keycap as well.
- The keycap was made entirely by hand and tool. The final product may vary from the original photos but at acceptable aspect. We would love to ask you to tolerate any reasonable differents.
- Due to the random effect of the color background created from “magic” ink – we kindly remind you again that what our artists can control.
- With each artisan keycap from Jelly Key, we offer you a one-on-one replacement if there is fault that causes by our artisan team. Feel free to contact us.